Our recommendation is to use web and mobile tools where possible, to minimize software installation and maintenance.
The tools we would endorse for good team coordination of a digital campaign are as follows:
- Slack - for distributed team discussion / synchronization. Slack provides distributed teams with a central point to discuss issues and rapidly get questions answered without resorting to long email trails.
- Appear.in or Skype - for group video conferencing.
- Trello - for simple project management.
- PipeDrive - for major donor, influencer, and press pipeline management. It is possible you can configure Salesforce CRM to operate as a drop-in replacement for PipeDrive in this respect.
- Dropbox - for sharing key campaign materials.
Training and set up of model projects can be provided on request.