Reporting into the Director of Operations, we are looking for an Operations Executive to support the Hubbub team and the smooth running of the business. This role encompasses both finance acumen as well as people operations and would suit someone looking to have a varied working week, to improve systems and make life a little easier for the team.
We exist to power the good causes of the future. Because only they can ensure we all live our lives to the fullest, and humanity has a future we can all be proud of. We achieve this by creating communities around those causes, centred on all forms of giving.
Our core business is to provide awesome fundraising and engagement technology for the education and charity sectors.
We are a fully remote team working locally and globally, with individuals, movements and nonprofits, to build the technology, deliver the programmes and create and grow the communities and the impact those communities have. Our people are giving of their time, energy and attention, we take our ability to have fun seriously, and we have an awful lot of grit. We all care deeply about our shared mission; we expect you to, as well.
- Play Nice
- Be Generous
- Have Grit
About this role
This is a critical role to support the Director of Operations to oversee, manage and optimise the smooth running of the admin, finance and people side of the business. You are a safe pair of hands, with attention to detail, that can be relied upon by the team to sort out the statutory and wellbeing requirements of running a company of great people trying to do their best work for our customers.
This can be a full- or part-time/flexible role (salary/benefits pro-rated)
We are a remote first team, mostly based in the UK, with the option of having flexible office membership if necessary. This role will mainly be in typical business working hours with the option/need for overtime outside these hours, sometimes. We are open to flexible working arrangements. We understand the importance of in-person contact and have at least 2 company gatherings a year (we aim for more).
We are a curious bunch and want to continue learning. We want you to develop in your role and support you to increase your abilities and impact.
Salary and benefits
Annual Salary of £25K to £30K (dependent on location, with some flexibility for the right candidate)
- 27 days annual leave
- 3 extra days at Christmas
- 5 Life days
- Access to Perkbox
- Healthcare cash plan
- We encourage shared parental leave and pay above the statutory amount for Paternity and Maternity Leave.
- A strong verbal and written communicator. Able to forge strong bonds with people and interact with empathy.
- A person with an organised and methodical approach to your work, with an attention to detail who wants to deliver high-quality services and keep the team at ease.
- A problem solver who can collaborate with the rest of the team to help make an idea better, who can assess a system or process and make improvements, even small ones.
- Someone who can work effectively with little supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Firm but gentle, successfully identifying the sweet spot between team engagement and doing what is right for the business.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage small projects to their completion against agreed deadlines/milestones.
- Have a human-centred approach, understanding different styles and how to get the best from the people you interact with.
- Strongly IT literate, with experience of Xero/Excel/Google Sheets and HR information Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly personable, able to build positive relationships quickly.
- Work actively with Directors of Operations and Finance on a day-to-day basis, dealing with ad-hoc financial and operational activities as well as month-end reporting.
- Own and manage payroll, bookkeeping, cashflow and general finance administration, creating reports and manipulating data to support operational decisions
- Work with Account Executives to ensure invoicing and payments are managed effectively. Create suitable systems or processes to proactively manage.
- Oversee the review and people-management cycles, manage the recruitment and onboarding of new starters and support the team with queries.
- Maintain the team documentation and policies to enable self-service where possible.
- Arrange and manage meetings, their agendas and minutes where necessary.
Hubbub is an equal opportunities employer and we are keen to speak with you even if you feel you don’t have the ‘right’ professional experience but are fully capable of doing the role. We think all life experience is valuable and useful for this role. Hitting the ground running is useful, but you will get supportive on-the-job training to support your success
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: I am your new Operations Executive.
Please write a little bit about yourself that can’t be found on your CV, including the following:
- What encouraged you to apply;
- Why Hubbub;
- In no more than 300 words, describe a personal or professional setback, what led to it and how you feel it has positively impacted your life to this point.
The closing date is midnight (BST) on 29th August 2021. We will review all applications after that date and contact you by email if we have progressed your application to interview. If you have not heard back by 6th September 2021, please feel free to contact us as we are always happy to provide feedback when asked.