Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Account Manager is an experienced and strategic leader within the account management function who uses their knowledge and expertise to nurture and promote strong customer relationships.
Through your leadership and expertise, you are seen as a trusted advisor for our customers - acting with confidence, assertiveness and kindness. You are responsible for proactively driving renewals and upsells whilst Increasing customer satisfaction and with it, customer retention.
We exist to power the good causes of the world. Because only they can ensure we all live our lives to the fullest, and humanity has a future we can all be proud of. We achieve this by creating communities around those causes, centred on all forms of giving.
Our core business is to provide awesome fundraising and engagement technology for the education and charity sectors.
We are a fully remote team working locally and globally, with individuals, movements and nonprofits, to build the technology, deliver the programmes and create and grow the communities and the impact those communities have. Our people are giving of their time, energy and attention, we take our ability to have fun seriously, and we have an awful lot of grit. We all care deeply about our shared mission; we expect you to, as well.
- Play Nice
- Be Generous
- Have Grit
We are a remote-first team, based in the UK, with the option of having flexible office membership if necessary. This role will mainly be in typical business working hours with the option/need for overtime outside these hours, sometimes. We are open to flexible working arrangements. We understand the importance of in-person contact and have at least 2 company gatherings a year (we aim for more).
We are a curious bunch and want to continue learning. We want you to develop in your role and support you to increase your abilities and impact.
Salary and benefits
Annual Salary of £40K to £50K + Commissions (with some flexibility for the right candidate)
- 4.5 day working week
- 24.5 days annual leave
- 3 extra days at Christmas
- 4.5 Life days
- Access to Perkbox
- Healthcare cash plan
- We encourage shared parental leave and pay above the statutory amount for Paternity and Maternity Leave.
About this role
With your product and industry knowledge, you proactively enable our customers to get the best from the products they already have and grow your accounts by showing our customers what is possible within the suite of products and services that are available to them.
This is initially a 6-month contract that we hope will progress to a permanent role.
This is a full-time (4.5 days per week) role and may require flexible evening working hours when required.
- A natural leader, motivated by getting the very best out of your customers and your wider team.
- Energised by engaging and meeting new people. Poised and able to forge strong bonds with people you don’t know and interact with curiosity and empathy.
- Someone with attention to detail, who can follow instructions and processes to work effectively with little supervision and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Comfortable not always having the answers, but able to continue the conversation, knowing you can find the answer out and get it to your contact in good time.
- A person with an organised and methodical approach to your work, you are comfortable with keeping systems updated and ready for handing over to others.
- A problem solver who can collaborate with the rest of the team to help make an idea better, who can assess a system or process and make improvements, even small ones.
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple customer relationships at varying stages in their relationship with the business and a proven record of renewing and upselling customer accounts.
- Have a human-centred approach, understanding different styles and how to get the best from the people you interact with.
- Strongly IT literate, with experience of Google/Hubspot (or similar CRM).
- Display a strong telephone manner with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly personable, and able to build positive relationships quickly. You over-communicate and have the ability to control a busy client list.
Nice to have
It would be great if you have led or managed a (small) team of account managers or regularly train other account managers in a previous role.
While not essential, a basic understanding of fundraising within the UK education space or wider charity space is extremely beneficial
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers, using your leadership, expertise, outstanding and consistent communication, and robust expectation setting to guide our customers towards success. At times, this may see you acting as the lead consultant to customers.
- Cultivate strong relationships with new and existing accounts, using your initiative to ensure maximum adoption of the Hubbub suite of products and services to increase customer retention and increased usage.
- Work with other customer-facing commercial team members to continually improve processes that you own to better the customer experience, reduce customer churn and increase upsell opportunities.
- Work across the business to advocate for the technical needs of our customers.
- Use your initiative to keep up to date with what is happening with our customers and the sector to determine what is best for our customers - giving them the right advice to help establish best practices across the sector. You are acutely aware of our value propositions and market positioning, alongside those of our competitors, which equips you with an opinion that is relevant to helping our customers see the value in what we offer.
Your success in the role
Your success will be measured in a few simple ways, the priority of which will be your ability to retain 90% of your customers, while also considering what other opportunities may be available to your customers to best serve their needs.
Hubbub is an equal opportunities employer and we are keen to speak with you even if you feel you don’t have the ‘right’ professional experience but are fully capable of doing the role. We think all life experience is valuable and useful for this role. Hitting the ground running is useful, but you will get supportive on-the-job training to support your success
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: I am your new Account Manager.
In your cover letter, please write a little bit about yourself that can’t be found on your CV, including the following:
- What encouraged you to apply;
- Why Hubbub;
- Why you are the best candidate for this role
You must have the right to work in the UK. The closing date is midnight (BST) on July 31st. We will review all applications after that date and contact you by email if we have progressed your application to interview. If you have not heard back by the 8th August, please feel free to contact us as we are always happy to provide feedback when asked.